Full Stack Developer - PHP
We're Building a World-Class Development Function
You will be part of a team that ensures we continue delivering robust and innovative solutions to our customers across the globe. Your work directly impacts the safety and wellbeing of students all over the world. You will literally be helping save lives and helping students prosper.
This is a pivotal role at the intersection of Cybersecurity, Cloud, Identity & Online Student Safety
You Will Have The Opportunity To Deliver Solutions For:
- Independent schools in Australia & New Zealand
- State departments of education in Australia & New Zealand
- School Districts in the United States
- You will be part of a team that ensures we have delighted & successful customers for life.
You will get the opportunity to have close collaboration with Saasyan’s technology vendor partners (Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, Zscaler, Sophos, Cisco, AWS, Okta, Microsoft, Google and more)
Your work directly impacts the safety and wellbeing of students all over the world. You will literally be helping save lives and helping students prosper.
In This Role, You Will:
- Work closely with stakeholders to scope, design and build solutions for new work items within required timeframe, cost & quality constraints
- Design and implement functional requirements
- Implement software enhancements and suggest improvements
- Collaborate with frontend developers to implement design into the code
- Build innovative testing scripting and data analysis tools for data
- Integrate components into applications and data
- Manage testing and bug fixes
- Prepare technical documentation
- Be challenged (as will everyone else in the company)
- Experience disproportionate (to any other role you’ve had in the past) personal and professional growth)
- Amplify our team culture of taking the initiative, learning continuously and thinking outside of the square
On Your First Day, We'll Expect You To Have:
- 3 years hands-on, software engineering experience
- Strong experience with PHP and PHP MVC frameworks
- Strong experience in REST and XML APIs
- Strong experience in SQL
- Strong experience in CSS
- Strong experience with in memory caching
- Iterative / Agile software development experience
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- A preparedness to adapt to new and changing tasks, processes and responsibilities
- Strong empathy for people responsible for student safety and wellbeing
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a team
- A honed attention to detail
- A love for process and optimising processes for effectiveness, scale and efficiency
- Good instincts matched with analytical thinking
- A desire to create delightful customer experiences
Recruits who demonstrate leadership and management qualities will be considered for promotion to a Dev Lead role.
It's Great, But Not Required, If You Have:
- A degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Exposure to large scale, multi-tenant, multi-region web-based SaaS systems development
- Exposure and experience with Identity systems
- Exposure and experience with Web filters / Next Generation Firewalls
- Exposure and experience with Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace
- Exposure and experience with Learning Management Systems
- Exposure and experience with School Information Systems
The unique contributions of all Saasyans are essential to our success.
To make sure we continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience in our products and culture, we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Saasyan is a leader in AI-Powered Online Student Safety for K-12 Schools.
With the mass adoption of technology in the classroom and with remote learning, the online safety of students is top of mind for parents, is a high priority for school leaders and is a non-trivial problem for school IT teams.
Saasyan helps schools ensure the online safety of their students with flexible cybersecurity controls for K-12 classrooms, advanced alerting of cyberbullying & self-harm, and easy reporting of student online activities.
Integrating with the world's leading identity, cybersecurity and collaboration platforms already used by schools, Saasyan’s all-cloud solution is quick to setup and delivers immediate value.
Today we serve over 400,000 students across 650 government and non-government schools.
Founded in Australia and led by seasoned technology entrepreneurs, we are in fast scale-up mode and are now expanding into the US market.
Our mission has just begun. Are you coming onboard?
Apply For This Job
Please send a thoughtfully written cover-letter and resume through this posting.