The Safety Antagonist - Driving Proactive Change To Stop Technology Facilitated Abuse
Julie Inman Grant
Australia's eSafety Commissioner
Watch this episode to learn :
- What is the eSafety Commission and how does it help people stay safe online.
- What technology companies should be doing to keep their users safe online - people are constantly coming up with different ways to misuse different platforms.
- Why companies need to be more accountable in terms of how their platforms are being weaponised and causing personal harm to their users.
- What is the role of schools in teaching online safety and why it is a challenge at the moment.
- How the eSafety Commission is working with schools and teachers to make online safety education consistent and comprehensive that's delivered to every Australian child, in the same way, same place and in an age-appropriate way.
- Why parents play a crucial role in keeping their children safe online - parents should be proactive in keeping the lines of communication open with their children about what they're doing online.
- Why you should think of the esafety.gov.au website as that one-stop shop where you've got the prevention, education, and program material and can report abuse.