Beyond The What & The How, Educators Should Teach Kids The ‘Why’ of Cyber Safety
Co-Founder of the Cyber Safety Project
Watch this episode to learn :
- How young people are today navigating technology without supervision, leading to the increase in cyber safety and digital wellbeing challenges.
- The challenges teachers are experiencing with teaching online safety to their students and how the Cyber Safety Project helps schools with providing a program in alignment with the Australian curriculum and each of the State frameworks.
- Survey results from over 250 Australian educators who shared their challenges with having cyber safety conversations with their students.
- The importance of talking about the 'why' whenever we're talking about cyber safety and digital wellbeing.
- How the acceleration of technology for learning has created a big need for technology to be integrated into the lives of school life.
- Why young people need to have access to proactive education.
- The importance of parents discussing online safety with their children.
- How a community approach and using the same vocabulary around cyber safety and digital wellbeing is critical.